International visitors are highly encouraged to attend Geosynthetics 2023, this page contains all the information you need to know about attending as an international visitor.
Visa Letter of Invitation
To request a Visa Invitation letter, you need to:
- Register for Geosynthetics Conference and pay in full. We will not issue a letter of invitation without full payment. To prevent fraudulent requests, no exceptions to this rule will be allowed.
- Once registration is complete and payment has been made, submit a visa letter of invitation request using the red button at the bottom of the page.
- You will be required to fill out your information as it appears on your passport.
- You will receive a confirmation via email when your submission is received. Once your request is processed and approved, we will send a PDF of the letter to you via email. If you require a hard copy of the letter, please provide a Federal Express account number to cover the cost of shipping.
- Please allow one week to receive the visa letter of invitation.
- Complete one request for each person requiring a letter of invitation.
- Obtaining a letter does not guarantee visa approval. The letter is merely supplementary information that explains a visa applicant’s intended purpose to travel. U.S. Embassy officers look at the totality of an applicant’s personal situation in determining visa eligibility.
- If you are unable to obtain a visa, we will issue a full refund, less 10% processing fee. To request a refund, please send a copy of your letter of visa rejection from the embassy to email@example.com
Are You Prepared for Travel to The United States?
The U.S. government requires residents of many countries to obtain a temporary visa before entering the United States. The visa application process may have increased the length of time required to receive your visa, so it is very important to apply for your visa at least 90 days prior to your departure.
Visa and Travel Restrictions
If you have questions about visas and other travel restrictions, check with your local U.S. consulate or visit the U.S. Embassy and Consulate website.
A U.S. visa allows a foreign citizen to travel to a United States port of entry and request admission into the U.S. from a U.S. Immigration Inspector. Since September 11, 2001, visa applications have been subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past. The timeframes for visa processing today are difficult to predict with accuracy for any individual applicant and could vary significantly by country. Advance planning on the part of travelers is essential to receive a visa in time for proposed travel dates to the United States.
Helpful Tips When Applying for Your Visa
- Review the U.S. Department of State website
- Apply for your visa as early as possible and at least 90 days prior to your departure date. Make this a priority.
- Obtain a Letter of Invitation (see above).
- Check your passport expiration date to make sure it will be valid for at least six more months.
- If you already have a visa, check the expiration date to make sure it will not expire before your trip is completed.
- U.S Department of State
- Electronic System for Travel Authorization
- U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions
Currency Exchange Rate
Calculate the rate of exchange from your home currency to US Dollars to assist you in budgeting.
Oops! We could not locate your form.